Our company has professional product research and development ability, and experienced production team. We develop more than 50 models per year. All products adopt high quality raw materials. With advanced ultrasonic and vibration friction welding technology, professional production and testing equipments, we are going to provide reliable, durable, efficient, safe products to customers.
Ningbo Xite Auto parts Co., LTD. established in 2015, specializing in the production of thermostat assembly，water temperature sensor , heater valve and other auto spare parts.
The 2013 Dodge Avenger is equipped with a 2.4L 4-cylinder engine or a 3.6L V6 engine. The procedure for replacing the thermostat on both engines is similar, but the location of the thermostat and some of the parts involved may vary.
Here are the general steps to replace the thermostat on a 2013 Dodge Avenger:
- Allow the engine to cool down completely before starting the replacement process.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Locate the thermostat housing, which is usually located on the top of the engine, near the upper radiator hose.
- Remove the hose clamp and disconnect the upper radiator hose from the thermostat housing.
- Remove the bolts that hold the thermostat housing in place, and carefully remove the housing.
- Remove the old thermostat from the housing and discard it.
- Clean the gasket surfaces on the housing and the engine block to ensure a good seal.
- Install the new thermostat into the housing, making sure it is oriented correctly.
- Place a new gasket onto the housing and reattach the housing to the engine block, using the bolts you removed earlier. Tighten the bolts to the manufacturer’s recommended torque specification.
- Reattach the upper radiator hose and the hose clamp.
- Refill the cooling system with coolant, if necessary.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.
It’s important to consult your owner’s manual or a trusted mechanic for specific instructions and recommended torque specifications for your 2013 Dodge Avenger’s thermostat replacement.