A faulty car thermostat can cause a number of symptoms, including:
- Overheating: One of the most common symptoms of a faulty thermostat is overheating. If the thermostat is stuck in the closed position, it can prevent coolant from flowing through the engine, causing it to overheat.
- Poor engine performance: A faulty thermostat can also cause poor engine performance, as it can prevent the engine from reaching its optimal operating temperature. This can result in reduced power and acceleration, as well as increased fuel consumption.
- Coolant leaks: In some cases, a faulty thermostat can cause coolant to leak from the engine. This can lead to a loss of coolant and potentially cause the engine to overheat.
- Check engine light: In many cases, a faulty thermostat will trigger the check engine light on the dashboard. This indicates that there is a problem with the vehicle’s engine and should be addressed as soon as possible.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is important to have your car’s thermostat checked and repaired as soon as possible to avoid further damage to the engine.
Symptoms of a bad car thermostat are:
- The engine coolant has reached the set temperature, but when the electronic fan is to be started, the electronic fan does not work.
- The engine coolant does not reach the set temperature, and there is no need to start the electronic fan. The electronic fan will also be turned on and will work until the battery is exhausted.
- Because the high engine coolant cannot dissipate heat, the water temperature will continue to rise. When it rises to a certain temperature, it will cause cylinder scuffing, deformation of the cylinder head, and finally the engine will automatically turn off. Will not start again.
The car temperature control switch uses high-quality disc-shaped bimetal as the temperature sampling element, and installs a water temperature switch on the temperature-sensitive part of the water tank to dynamically collect the temperature change of the water in the water tank. Based on the principle that the dish-shaped bimetal deforms under temperature and temporarily jumps at the temperature point, through the action of the mechanism, the two contacts are quickly connected, and the fan is started to cool the water in the water tank to protect the car engine. If the car thermostat is broken, it should be repaired in time.