If the thermostat of the car is broken, the temperature of the cooling water will be too high, which will easily cause engine failure or engine knocking.
It is recommended that you go to the auto repair shop or 4S shop to check and repair in time so as not to affect the normal driving of the vehicle.
Repair steps for a broken car thermostat:
- Open the hood and check for heat from the radiator on the cooling water tank.
- If there is no heat, you need to check that the tank has enough coolant.
- If coolant is insufficient, coolant should be added.
- After adding coolant, check the radiator for heat.
- If there is heat, the thermostat needs to be replaced.
- When replacing the thermostat, the original spare parts should be selected and replaced according to the correct installation method.
- After replacing the thermostat, it is necessary to test whether the vehicle’s cooling system is working properly, check the antifreeze level, and check the lubrication of the engine oil.
In short, for the maintenance of the car thermostat, it is necessary to carefully check the working condition of the cooling system to ensure the normal operation of the thermostat is very important.